Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things That Make You Feel Old

Talk about feeling old. First I was shopping at Ross on Tuesday and they asked me if I was a member of the "Tuesday Club". That's a nice name for the "old fogies who get a discount on Tuesday if they are over 55" club. I didn't know whether to be happy that I was getting a 10% discount or mad that they thought I was over 55.

Then on Wednesday school started. This year is a first for me. I HAVE A STUDENT IN MY CLASS WHOSE MOTHER WAS ALSO IN MY CLASS. That will humble you in a hurry. No more trying to dress young and act hip. I am officially old.

Kalyn

3 comments:

rand said...

When the eye doctor recently recommended I buy some reading glasses I knew that I wasn't at Stoker anymore. Oh no.

Pam said...

You do a darn good job at looking great and still younger than your 55+. Remember Janet had to ask who was older--me or you!

Pam

Mark said...

HEY I CAN JOIN THE OLD CLUB. WE HAVE HAD A TEMP EMPLOYEE FOR THE LAST 2 DAYS THAT WAS BORN THE YEAR AFTER I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE. AND I DIDN'T GRADUATE UNTIL I WAS 31 YEARS OLD. OH WELL, IT'S NOT THE AGE BUT THE MILES, AND I HAVE QUITE A FEW OF BOTH. UGHHH. MARK