Friday, August 26, 2005

22nd Anniversary on the Pauite Trail

Just a quick note to let you all know how lucky I am to have a sweetheart like Lisa! Last weekend we spent our 22nd anniverary riding 4wheelers on the pauite trail out of Fillmore, Ut. We rode 160 miles in 2 days and took backpacking stuff (ie. stove, food ,tent,pads, sleeping pads, etc. and camped way up in the top of the mountains in the most beautiful place above Marysvale, Ut. It was a real blast, and it was Lisa's idea for the whole thing. She is such a trooper, and really made me eat her dust behind her 4 wheeler! It was the opening day of the Archery Deer Hunt on Saturday down there and Rand would be proud to know that one of our goals was to scare all the little deer from the hunters so they would be safe. After all, thats what he used to do when I was trying to shoot them. No wonder we didn't do to good when he came along. We have 4 4wheelers so if anyone is up for a similar trip just get on the schedule, we really had a great time, and the trails are not too difficult. I really am lucky! Thanks Lis, I love you. Mark

3 comments:

rand said...

Twenty Two Years...That's not possible. I'm twenty eight so you were married when I was six? Wow.
I'm so glad you've gotten into the "deer scaring" mode. It's much more fun isn't it. The trip sounds great.

Angee said...

I love the Kimberly mountains! My father in law has taken me on some of the trails you are talking about. The mining town of Kimberly is way cool.

Did you do any of the trails west of Richfield or just around Marysvale?

D

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds like great fun. Lisa sure did look great at Emma's baptism. You guys are a great couple.
Kalyn