I am in Rhode Island staying at the beautiful home of my friend Tia. I can see the ocean from my bedroom and from her deck we can see at least a mile of the shoreline. Last night I had lobster for dinner. Today we went to Bristol and explored antique shops and ate at a restaurant right on the ocean. I had clamcakes, which are really clam fritters. Definitely not low carb, but quite tasty. Tomorrow we're going to Cape Code.
I was sad to hear the news about Brent Gubler and also about Aunt Ruth Ann. How wonderful we have the blog to keep us all up to date. I hope Dave or someone will post the address for Aunt Ruth Ann and also Aunt Ella on the blog because I would like to write to them both from here if I can manage it.
I also wanted to share some news. Some of you have met Bobbi, Norma's oldest daughter, and also her daughter Shelbie. They had a very good friend named Mrs. Newman who passed away today. She was an elderly lady in her 90's who came to America from Russia. I was lucky enough to meet her when I was there. She was really like a member of the family for them for several years now, and especially took an interest in Shelbie and encouraged her in a lot of her endeavors.
I don't have Bobbi's mailing address, but her e-mail address is:
bnoel@sonic.net.
I'm sure she would appreciate hearing from anyone who knows her.
One more bit of technological trivia. (Rand and Darren, you can tell me if I am correct about this.) I posted 8 recipes at home before I came on the trip, and saved them as drafts. I thought that when I got here I could change the date and post them. Well I did manage it, but it was a challenge the first time. I didn't realize that because I wrote them on PC (which uses html) that it might be a problem if Tia had Mac (which she did). Because Mac uses javascript, when I log in to see the drafts, I only see the html language and can't change back to regular format. At least that is what I think is happening. I can publish, but all the buttons to change fonts, etc. are not there. Thank goodness the recipes are all ready to post.
Kalyn
1 comment:
Kalyn...sounds like you're having a great trip.
Regarding your tech question....access Blogger with
firefox and not safari. If Tia has Safari you will
not see any of the tools. Use firefox and it will
look just like it looks at your house. PS...Macs
use HTML and Javascript as do PC's. It's just a
Safari thing. Hope this helps.
Have a great trip.
R
Post a Comment