I am so excited for Jake that I decided to let you all know. He just found an apt. in SLC (6th S. 9th E.). It is a 1 bedroom apt. in a 4 plex. It is great for the price and will be very adequate for him. Thanks to Kalyn for all the help. He will be moving the first part of Aug and will start at the U the end of Aug. He is looking for a job and a little furniture. Let us know of any job leads. Also If you are getting rid of any furniture or if you see a great piece at the DI he may be interested. Thanks. This is a great opportunity for Jake to spread his wings. I hope he learns how to fly.
7 comments:
Cool! Ryan and I live on Sunnyside and Foothill, so we will be way close to Jake. I wish I would have known sooner that Jake was moving out. Ryan and I just sold a futon, entertainment center, kitchen table and chairs..... dang! Ryan and Jake might have some classes together!
Jake has a great location for his new place, right by Trax, close to stores, and only a few blocks from my house (for laundry!). I'm more than a little excited that some nephews and nieces husbands are going to the U
Go Utes.
Kalyn
Congrats Jake...sounds like fun. We'll have to go find some great DI stuff the next time I'm in Utah.
Much love.
Good for you, Jake! Welcome to the apartment-living club. It's great fun. Good luck with school and life and of course the new apartment!
I have a neighbor who is moving on quick notice and is leaving lots of stuff I was going to find homes for. I've already promised out the washer/dryer, but there are other things... some aren't in the best condition, but they would be going to someone in need. I'll call you soon to let you know what is available. I'm glad Mark saw this blog and let me know cuz it was either going to Aly (Go Aggies!) or to DI. Talk to you later!
Lisa
So far I have found these things for Jacob if he wants them:
-set of stoneware plates and bowls
-small portable gas barbecue
-propane canister for the barbecue
-orange rug (could be cut in half to make bathroom rug, but I'm warning you, it's pretty orange)
Another suggestion I had for him was YARD SALES. Next Saturday when he's at my house he should drive around and look for things. Yard sales are much cheaper than the DI.
Kalyn
Lisa:
If they have a nightstand that they are getting rid of and Jake doesn't want it or need it I would be glad to take it.
Post a Comment