I'm having a fun time in California visiting two of Norma's daughters. I flew in on Saturday to Oakland and Karyn picked me up with her husband Tom and their daughter Isabella. We went to San Francisco and had dim sum at a fabulous restaurant called Yank Sing. We spent that day exploring the city before going to Karyn's house in El Cerrito.
The next day Karyn and I did the foodie tour of Oakland and Berkley. We went to every ethnic grocery store Karyn could think of and I bought all kinds of assorted spices, condiments and seasonings. I also bought a pretty interesting collection of bumper stickers in Berkley.
Monday Karyn had to go back to work after being on vacation, so I rode to Berkley with her and spent the day wandering around the city while she was at work. I saw a very interesting documentary called "Enron, the Smartest Guys in the Room" about how the big guys at Enron thought they were so smart they could get away with perpetuating fraud on a massive level. Pretty shocking. I also had some great Thai food.
On Tuesday Bobbi drove down from Guernville to take me to her house. She and her husband Rick manage a resort on the Russian River. It's a lovely little town and the resort is great. Some of the houses and the way they are on the sides of the hills remind me of Park City, but of course this town is not in the mountains. Bobbi has been showing me the sights in this part of California, beautiful coastline and lovely forests, (Sonoma county) and we've also been having fun hanging out at the pool a little. I met Bobbi and Rick's son Casey today, but Shelbie is still in Italy.
Tomorrow we are going to go early and walk on the beach. Then on Friday Bobbi will take me back to Karyn's. Isabella has requested Golden Gate Park for my last day on Saturday, so we will be going there for sure.
I'm having a great time and Karyn and Bobbi are both spoiling me.
Love,
Kalyn
No comments:
Post a Comment