Monday, February 11, 2008

Ostlers at Venice Beach.




I got to have an all too short visit with the Ostler family here in Venice. For all you parents out there here's a question: What is it about a four-year old that allows them to dive into 60 degree water without a care in the world? The water felt VERY cold to me, even hurting your feet a little bit. But Mitchell just dove right in, with no shivering, no quivering, no anything except shrieking, splashing, laughing, running, collecting shells, playing with a crab claw, and LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT. Oh to be four again! In fact, the amount that people got into the water was directly related to their age...the younger you were the wetter you got. Thanks for stopping by Ostlers.

5 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Great photos. It does look like they are having a lot of fun.

Kara said...

How fun! I don't know what it is about kids. Cooper would have done the same thing. They are Crazy!

Pam said...

It also looks like it doesn't matter whether you have a swimming suit or not!! Too Cold for me. In fact I think it is too cold for me in the middle of the summer!!

Thanks for sharing the pics---it looks like you all had fun.

Angee said...

That's just not fair posting pictures like that. I'm sitting here thinking warm thoughts just willing this snow to melt...

Lisa said...

That's what I thought Ang! Wow, the beach!!!! And then I was so excited for our 48 degrees that I called my mom and told her we were having a heat wave. She said it was 72 in Las Cruces. Not fair! Great pics Rand, thanks!!!