Thursday, September 01, 2005

the middle name

Hey Mark--and others,
The middle name is in honor of Sophie's 2 grandfathers. Tim's dad is Mark and Kara's Kelly, so that is how the name came about. I think it is great to honor them --they are well deserving and have many, many excellent qualities that can make Sophie proud to bear their names. It is Markelle with an "e" on the end because they thought it looked more like a girl name that way.
Just thought everyone would like to know.
Pam

2 comments:

rand said...

Interesting that if my grandfather had used the same naming tactic, my name would have been Alburt. I like that. And yes, I think the two grandpas should be very proud.

Mark said...

that is even a better reason for the middle name than I imagined. Good call, however, I'm still partial to the 1st four letters but am honored to share it with a new gorgeous great niece. Look out, cause I really plan to spoil her (and it won't be hard to get Lisa on my side!!) She loves cute babies no matter what their names are. Love Mark