Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lisa can grow anything!! Especially produce.

I buy her a little green wagon. Take care of the "dumb labor" stuff like tilling, hoeing the ditches, a little weeding, (and I mean a little, as she did most of it) and lots of supervision as usual, and look what happens!! I tell you she talks to the plants. Sometimes I look out there and she's sittin on her butt in the middle of the vegetables, smiling from ear to ear, and jabberin away with no one around but the ladybugs. All I can say is "Whatever you're doin out there, keep it up cuz it works!" This load is what we picked this morning. The wagon has cantalope, honeydew, tomatoes, cukes, spagetti squash(we picked 13 of them today!) crook neck squash, zuccini, the last of the string beans, a few cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, and red potatoes. Special thanks to a great neighbor who's ground we garden on (between the houses) and the irrigation water he gets everything wet with each week. Gotta go, it's time to water.


4 comments:

Nick & Alyson said...

Wow! That is quite the load of veggies....Good job on your garden. I think I would kill more produce than I'd grow.

Kalyn Denny said...

Wow, what a haul. Good job on growing so much good produce!

Pam said...

YUM YUM.....

rand said...

You are SO LUCKY to be able to grow so many amazing things...Nice Job!