Dear Family,
It sounds like everything is going good for you guys and you are having fun and staying busy. It is nice to be glass free and my hand feels not as heavy. (He had glass in his hand for a couple weeks after his accident) Also Elder Kerby reminds me of Andrew and has some things in common with him. Also He is from Farmington NM. He likes video games and all things with technology.
It is great to be a missionary and has been so much more than I thought. Sometimes people say things to you when you tell them about rules we follow such as tv and other things that people say would be hard. I wouldn't go home or give up my mission for anything because I have seen a lot of people change so much from the church and the fullness of the gospel that we have. It also has been able to help me learn more about the church and about myself and the scriptures then I ever thought was possible. The crazy thing is I am only part way into my mission and the adventure has just began. I guess growing up I have been able to always buy the things that I always wanted, but this isn't true happiness. True happiness is to teach the message of the gospel to everyone and also to live it to the best of our ability's. At home I had a hard time to focus as I study. Also I didn't live the gospel the best that I could of. But the things I have been learning and continue to learn have been helping me so much (from people) to the mission President, to his wife, to the leaders and companions I have had. Just as my patriarchal blessing says that as I study the scriptures then the gospel has been easier to understand and to teach about by using examples that relate to the people. I enjoy reading my patriarchal blessing at least once a week.
But we are teaching a part member family Daniel and Sydney who are really great and their dad is excited to baptize them . Also in the state mental hospital we teach some people that are great and love us to come over. Also we have been having success teaching a media referral Darren and we have been teaching a lot of part member family's that have been going really good. That is some crazy stuff that Richard is home and Kenny is married.
with love, Elder ostler
No comments:
Post a Comment