Monday, August 06, 2007

California Dreamin' 2007'

Believe it or not... there is parking in front of Rand's house! Of course, Mark had to get up at 6:05 am and drive the truck over from 2 blocks away. So, we thought, hurry, take a picture!!!! It is slightly difficult to park a 20 foot long vehicle in many places!

Wow! What a gorgeous animal. And they call these killer whales??? They are truly amazing to watch. Sea World is really one of our favorite places on earth.


Are there any dentists in the house? Wow! What big teeth you have Mr. Shark! Sharks have always fascinated Travis, so we spent lots of time in this part, and took lots of pictures of the different sharks.



Who is more sunburned? Mark or the starfish???? If you've never held a starfish, they are pretty cool... a little slimy and squishy, but neat.




Travis' new porsche. (ok, this is the California Dreamin part!) There were sure a lot of nice cars that we saw and Trav took many pictures of cars. Good thing we have a digital camera!





Definitely the favorite activity... boogie boarding . We went to four different beaches- Venice, Del Mar, Coronado Island and this picture is from San Clemente. Thanks Rand and Brad for the use of the boards. They got used lots! (Good thing the girl in the background is behind her board... the swimsuits on the beaches are pretty skimpy! We had to delete a few other pictures that we took, or at least crop them!)






Matt was hungry! Here he is, trying to eat a turkey leg at California Adventures. Since he couldn't eat it all, Lisa saved it, and then at the tortilla factory tour, made several burritos out of the left over meat! This was truly one of our fun California Adventures, especially with the background music of the mariachis. It doesn't get much better than this!








We had great weather and awesome waves at all the beaches we were at. This picture is on San Clemente beach. We happened to stop on a day of their beach festival - fun, crowded, and great people watching!








Peace. Love. Joy. Wish. Dream. Inspire. Create.... It was sure fun to be at Rand's and Bradley's great home. We had an amazing time! Thanks so much for the kindness in letting us stay! We did a few things in the home improvement category - but we can't tell, as it's a surprise to them!







4 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds like a very fun trip!

Darren Draper said...

Sounds like fun.

About killer whales. I take it you've never seen the Discovery Channel series called Planet Earth? In it they show how orcas have highly coordinated attacks on their prey.

So yes, as cute as they may appear, the name "killer whales" fits perfectly - blood and all.

rand said...

Ahhhh...what fun. I just wish we could have shown you around for at least one day...but, it doesn't look like you needed any help. So glad you had a wonderful time. And...if I have a new lock on my back gate I am going to be BEYOND EXCITED. Not to mention having saved several hundred dollars by not having to call a locksmith!

D: I LOVE the Planet Earth Series. It's the best TV I think I've ever seen.

Nick & Alyson said...

I'm glad someone had great weather at the beaches in California because it always seems to be winter when I go!